Sunday, October 24, 2010

DAY 31.....MISCALCULATIONS





Those of you following this may be wondering how we went from 45 days to 31 so quickly. Well unfortunately I didn't account for the fact that we actually have to move 7 days before we have to be out of our house :( Pressure, Pressure and more Pressure....We still have no general contractor hired, windows have yet to be ordered and in general the house looks like a bomb went off. And to top it all off the girls have a "mystery" skin allergy so they can't even be at the renovation at all now.
The other day a contractor we were interviewing told me I was putting pressure on him to have some (not all by any means) things done in said time period. I'M PUTTING PRESSURE ON HIM? We are the ones that have to move into said house in 31 days...THAT is pressure! So after a small teary breakdown (very small) I did what I should have done all along, called our previous contractor and put my brother on the payroll. Best decision EVER! In the last 2 days they managed to gut the kitchen, remove one wall entirely, and rid me of the old appliances! I even got to use a blow torch on some plumbing...thanks for the official "plumbers crack" shot Justin!
Scraping glued down padding off floors, sawing wood in the dumpster to squeeze in more (thanks Justin!). Downing energy drinks with my sister and painting until my hands were camped and swollen.
Joe gets back from Iceland tomorrow and I will be handing the rollers over to him! Hopefully we can pull this off in 31 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment