Friday, November 12, 2010

12 DAYS.....tick tick tick tick






"I just don't want the house to fall on me," was definitely what the kid sawing the concrete out of the foundation said when he didn't realize I was standing behind him. "Yes, let's try to avoid that," was my reply. The contractor handling the foundation repair assured him (and me) that was NOT going to happen and after a short conversation over whether the house was safe to move into in 12 days they got back to sawing concrete. And yes it's safe.
Lately I have definitely felt like I'm in a horrific episode of HGTV. Behind every thing that is removed another problem manifests. I'm specifically referring to the foundation although this could be applied to the master closet the master bath and what will be the playroom.
Overall it's coming together on schedule. Garage doors were installed, glass block windows in the garage were installed, kitchen is coming along very nicely and thanks a week of "indian Summer" they were able to begin painting the exterior.
Thanks to my husband who works all day and goes straight to the new house to work on things until after midnight everyday I think we will make our deadline!
There should be some good before and after picks at the end of this weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment